* Totally forgot Grace’s piano lesson. Not cool.
* Gave myself a concussion. After getting out of the shower, I flung my head forward to wrap my hair in a towel, and smacked my head HARD on the bathtub. I nearly passed out, and three days later I’m still nursing a headache. Last night I made sure Kaleb could testify to what happened, just in case I woke up dead. I’d hate for Richard to be in jail for killing me, because no one would ever believe that someone could be dumb enough give themselves a brain injury trying to dry their hair….that’s just how my mind works. Sick I know. Thankfully my children are used to it.
* Totally forgot our Lego Mindstorm group. Not only that, I was supposed to be the one responsible for calling everyone, I forgot that too.
* Spent another 5 hours at the dentist. So far I have like 20 hours in one crown. I could totally understand if I had a ton of dental work to be done. I don’t. I needed one crown. I chose to go to the dental school to “save money.” Twenty plus hours later, five trips to San Antonio, plus lunch each time. I think I probably should have just paid full price and had it done with a real dentist. At this point I am not sure it has been cheaper.
* Still felt like reminding the dental student that is working on that crown, that I don’t use fluoride toothpaste (because it’s poison) and I don’t have cavities. I just want to point out that the lecture he gave me BEFORE he looked in my mouth about how I need fluoride so my teeth are healthy was totally ridiculous, because I DON’T HAVE CAVITIES!!!!! I restrained though, because it just wouldn’t be prudent.
* Completely fell head over heals in love with this wonderful coat. It was red and wool and lovelerly with the slightest ruffle. I even planned outfits and dates and a photo shoot around it…right there in the store. I thought I was going to get it, then realized at the checkout the store practices VERY deceptive advertising. I put on my big girl pants and put it back. I’m still pouting about it. So I guess it wasn’t my big girl pants I put on, must have been my pull-up’s.
* I am also pouting that I am not leaving for Ethiopia on Monday. I really wanted to go…but I’m not.
* Perfected the art of sour dough. At least I have so far. The last time I tried to make a starter, there was a death in the family, and I left my starter on the counter for two weeks. When we got home it smelled like vomit. Not just the starter, the whole house…for days. I’ve been a little nervous about trying again, but so far so good.
* Purchased all the things I need to make ornaments to go along with the Christmas devotional we are writing.
* Made soap. The easiest soap ever, in my crock pot. In one hour I made 28 bars of lovely soap, ready to use. It lathers so well, and doesn’t stink like an elderly woman who lost her olfactory senses years ago, yet still wears perfume daily. Not to mention it has four ingredients, not 5 million, most of which cannot possibly be good for the human body.
* Just now I’m thinking, “If I made soap and sold it for $3 a bar, how many bars would I have to sell to buy my loverly red, wool, ruffle coat?”
Hmmm, anyone want a bar of soap?