17. Thankful for church family who opened their home to our family for Thanksgiving. What a blessed and joyous day it was!
18. Thankful for my Grace, who through tears and heartbreak, trusted God in her darkness.
19. I’ve said it before, but I’m saying it again, because it blesses so much: I am thankful for laughter. It does my heart good, like medicine.
20. I am thankful for Kaleb. His quick wit, sense of humor, and perfectionist tendencies bless me, because they make life interesting, and they remind me of my father.
21. I am thankful for venison.
23. I am thankful for Noah, he is a joy and delight to my heart.
24. I am thankful for the evidences of the Holy Spirit working on William’s heart. This once hard and angry boy, is tender toward God, and has an eager heart to know Him more.
25. I am thankful forgiveness. Not just from Christ, but from my family and for my family. Broken people, living together, with abundant grace. It’s a beauty to behold.
26. I am thankful for illness and weakness in my body, for it draws me closer to Jesus, causes me to rely on Him more, and makes me long for the day when I am finally home.
27. The same goes for want. Lack of things that I perceive as needs, makes me stop and realize what my true needs are. All at once I realize that all my needs have been met, in Christ, on the cross. All else is extravagance.
28. I am thankful that God is a God of extravagance. Like a good Father, he delights to give good gifts to his children. Everyday, I reap the rewards of his extravagant love and blessing. He gives good gifts. Good and perfect gifts.
29. I am thankful that this extravagant God does not change. He is, and was, and always will be. The same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. There are no words to describe the comfort that brings to this weary soul. Do you need a miracle? My God is a God who delights to do impossible things. The One who breathes out stars, splits wide the seas, and provides perfect atonement has not changed. He is the great I AM, and he can do all things. Who else do we have but him? Who else is worthy of all our trust, adoration, and praise? There is no one like him in all the earth, or in the skies above, or in the seas below. There is none like him.
30. I am thankful for snow. What a glorious reminder of God’s infinite glory and grace. It’s speaks of his majesty, wisdom, and power. At a time He chose, he splits open the storehouses, and pours down on his people, this beautiful reminder: Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be white as snow.